Skip to main navigation
Skip to site navigation

University Links

Lumberjack Marching Band Links

Lumberjack Marching Band

Auditions/Joining the LMB

photo of the SFA Lumberjack Marching Band

The Lumberjack Marching Band is the largest and most spirited student organization on campus—the only thing missing is YOU!

Audition Music

Music majors do not need to audition separately for acceptance into LMB.

Click on your instrument to download audition music:

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is the time commitment?
    Rehearsals are Monday—Thursday from 4—5:30 p.m., and on Saturday mornings of home games. Additional performances include homecoming bonfire parade and homecoming parade. Color Guard rehearses one additional evening a week.
  • Do I have to be a music major?
    No! More than 50% of the LMB are non-music majors. In fact, the LMB represents over 50 majors campus wide. Chances are someone in the LMB is in your major field.
  • How much does it cost to be in the LMB?
    In addition to the enrollment cost of the course, approximately $75–$100 for all necessary accessories including gloves, polo shirt, etc. All travel expenses including food are paid by the band department.
  • What if I don’t have an instrument?
    The band department can furnish some instruments like sousaphone, marching baritone, mellophone and piccolo for a nominal maintenance fee. Some other instruments are available in limited quantities, so ask when you get here.
  • How do I audition?
    All students must audition for the LMB; audition music is posted on this site. Color Guard, Drum Line and Twirl-O-Jacks have separate audition dates in the spring and summer; call the band office for more details.
  • What sort of credit can I get for enrolling in the LMB?
    All students receive two credit hours for participation in the LMB. Woodwind and brass students sign up for MUP 136.001. Guard and TOJs sign up for MUP 136.002. Battery percussion students sign up for MUP 136.003. Front ensemble percussion students sign up for MUP 136.004. Transfer students may be eligible for upper division credit.