Orchestra: Auditions for Orchestra of the Pines (Spring 2017)
Course Schedule and Credit
|Course Meeting Time||Course Offering|
|Monday, 7:15–9:30 p.m.||MUP 134.001 (MUP 334.001—upper level credit)|
|Tuesday/Thursday, 2–3:15 p.m.||MUP 134.001 (MUP 334.001—upper level credit)|
Concert and Dress Rehearsal Schedule
Concert #1: “A Fond Farewell”—Monday, March 6, 2017Dress rehearsal:
- Sunday, March 5, 2017, 7–10 p.m.
- Lieutenant Kijé Suite by Sergei Prokofiev
- SFA Composition Competition Winner
- Symphony No. 45 in F-sharp minor, “Farewell” by Franz Joseph Haydn
Concert #2: “Poetry and Seduction”—Monday, April 24, 2017Dress rehearsals:
- Sunday, April 23, 2017, 7–10 p.m.
- Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune by Claude Debussy
- Symphonie Fantastique by Hector Berlioz
Required dress for concerts: men—black tux with white shirt/black bow tie; women—long black dress (preferred), skirt or nice slacks (not jeans or casual cotton pants). With skirt or slacks, a black blouse or top that fully overlaps or tucks in the skirt/slacks.
Audition Schedule and Music
Woodwinds and Brass
Woodwind and brass auditions will be held on Monday, November 28, 7–9:30 p.m. and Tuesday, November 29, 2–3:15 p.m. by appointment only.
By registering for an audition, it is understood that you have the following rehearsal and performance dates free and without conflict during the Spring 2017 semester (due to the Wind Ensemble conflict, all winds, brass and percussion will be released at 2:50 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays).download audition excerpts
Contact for Auditions
- Dr. Gene H. Moon, Director of Orchestras, 936.468.3885