General Admissions Information
Stephen F. Austin State University encourages qualified applicants to apply for admission. Students seeking admission should make every effort to complete the appropriate procedure as soon as possible. Admission application forms, preliminary academic counseling, and evaluation of previous college course work are available on campus in the Admissions Office. The office is located on the second floor of the Rusk Building.
Address mail or telephone inquiries to:
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 13051, SFA Station
Nacogdoches, TX 75962-3051
Phone: 800.259.9732 or 936.468.2504
SFA recommends that students, while in high school, complete a college preparatory program. Although not required for admission to SFA, completion of a college preparatory program helps ensure success at the University. High school course recommendations include:
- English I-IV, algebra I and II, and geometry;
- two years of laboratory science (physical science, biology I and II, chemistry I and II, physics I and II);
- four years of social science;
- two years of the same foreign language;
- one year of computer science;
- and one year of fine arts.